Leadership is an interesting topic. One of my favorite things about youth sports, aside from that actual games/sporting events, is watching the athletes interact with one another and seeing the leaders step up. There are so many different forms, ways and roles of leadership but a few things that are consistent in all leaders.
- Leaders care about people and are mindful and sensitive to the needs and emotions of others
- Leaders, knowingly or unknowingly, are always creating and sharing value to others
- Leaders are optimistic and realistic
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” –Winston Churchill
- Leaders are visionaries that have strong principles that guide them every day in all aspects of their lives
- Leaders fully understand the importance of CHARACTER and realize that character is power.
- Leaders are experts in delegation and empowerment
- Leaders take a situation and leave it in a better place than it was when they arrived and ensure that those who follow can build upon that success and
- To be
- To do
- To see
- To tell
Leadership is fun. Challenge yourself to lead, get outside your comfort zone and try it. Hopefully the above helps in your journey!