Happy Memorial Day! While you are enjoying family, friends, BBQ and the holiday, the
Upper Hand team is at work preparing for a major upgrade to our software this coming week. This week, we will be migrating (e.g. switching) payment processors from BalancedPayments to Stripe. This change brings several updates you won't see, along with a few you will. Here are the top four things you need to know:
(1) Migrating from Balanced to Stripe
(2) New on-demand direct deposit payouts
(3) Several upcoming new features
(4) List of fixes and improvements
(1) Migrating from Balanced to Stripe The transition from Balanced to Stripe will take place this week. As part of the transition, we will begin processing payments for training (how clients pay you) and direct deposit payouts (how we get your money to you) through our new Stripe integration. Recall, that we do not store sensitive payment information on our platform, so the only information that is transferred includes basic details about our customers and your clients (e.g. name, tokenized payment, etc). Lastly, you will find updated Terms & Conditions along with the upgrade, as part of our ongoing commitment at
Upper Hand to provide transparency. If you have questions about the migration - please email us at
(2) New on-demand direct deposit payouts With "on-demand" payouts on Upper Hand, you will be able to request a direct deposit of your earnings anytime. The new feature will be connected to the financial section of your dashboard, where you will be able to request withdrawals from your Upper Hand account directly into the connected bank you have setup.
(3) Several upcoming new features With the new processing, our team is excited to bring several upcoming new features. Upcoming features after migrating to Stripe include: academy memberships management, donation collections and automated payment splitting. We will be announcing these new features as they become available to you.
(4) List of fixes and other improvements
- Improved cart stability for checkout
- Quicker checkout times
- Integration of earnings report and withdrawal funds functionality
- Automated subscription payments and management
- Introduction of quarterly and annual subscription options