Do you have a great sports website, but want to start driving more traffic? There are so many techniques of search engine optimization (SEO) that it can be overwhelming when you are getting started with a new WordPress website. In Part One: 10 SEO Tips to Increase Traffic to Your WordPpress Sports Website, I discussed some of the main opportunities to get started improving your SEO, including several Keyword optimization tactics, as well as how to best utilizie links within your pages. In Part Two, I'll share a few WordPress plugins that can help you better manage and track your SEO, as well as some additional tips to increase traffic!
- Google Analytics. This WordPress Sitemap Generator plugin allows you to easily track your blog with Google Analytics so you can stay up to date on your website traffic. With this feature, you can also locate 404 error pages, see the behavior of your visitors and view the sources of your website traffic. This gives you the information you need to keep your information more relevant and allows you to address any issues in a timely manner.
- SEO Themes. Colorlib has some of the best WordPress sports themes, designed and developed for news magazines, sports teams, gyms and fitness centers to give new websites a stronger foundation. They code these attractive and interactive themes to optimize search engine results, increase traffic and provide speed so that visitors can navigate quickly.
- Additional SEO Plugins. SEO plugins for WordPress teach you how to optimize your content so you rank higher and make your site more search engine friendly. They advise you to add specific keywords, Meta titles and other information to better enhance your website's on-page SEO. Forbes gave this list of best overall WordPress plugins.
- Make Your Content Shareable. Making it easy for visitors to share your information by adding social sharing buttons to your WordPress website, not only drives more traffic but also improves your sites credibility. Blogging is also important because it's a frequent and regular way to post and develop more audiences quicker. And for even greater SEO success, adjusting your blog privacy settings will allow visibility to all the major search engines.
- Enhance Your Images and Videos. Media is an important part of your sports website and can improve your SEO results even more if you change the complex titles most images have when you upload them. Search engines don’t see images like we do so, use shorter, relevant keywords like "Olympics-2016-swimming" instead of "IMAGE001_2016.jpg". Make a habit of saving images with keyword titles before even uploading them to your website. Good media will also increase the shareability of your content.
- Use Link Building Techniques. In addition to linking out to other credible sites it is a huge SEO builder to get other sites to link to yours. This is an excellent way to drive traffic to your sports site and connect with others who have high page rankings to get maximum exposure. It is also a good way to attract visitors within your audience, that you may not have otherwise reached. And remember, linking between pages within your own website whenever it’s relevant, will add another content reference that improves search engine results.
- More on Using the Right Heading Tags. Using the right heading tag in your WordPress blog is critical in SEO webpage success. They give you several choices in your editor to choose from but, the H1 tag lets your readers know exactly what your content is about and search engines will focus on that sentence to locate it. If you then want to use H2, H3 or H4 tags for sub-headings, this provides crawlers with additional information.
If you missed SEO tip Part One, make sure to check out the first 10 tips for managing your Wordpress sports website SEO. Utilize these tips as the starting point for a successful and highly searchable website. Plus, learn more SEO strategies from Upper Hand professionals.