From marketing to great customer experience, here's how:
Are you looking for ways to increase registrations for your training business? According to Capterra, you’re 14x more likely to sell to an existing happy client than you are to sell to a new prospect. Now this doesn’t mean to neglect your efforts to generate new clients, but it does mean that great attention should be placed on your current clients’ experiences.
Superb customer retention can be a recurring revenue source that steadily feeds your business. By focusing on previous clients as well as gaining new ones, you can drive sports registration rates and meet your training objectives.
Here are four proven ways to help increase sports registration rates for your camp, training lessons, or sports team for online success.
#1 Provide Excellent Customer Service
First and foremost, it is worth mentioning that 58% of consumers are willing to spend more on businesses that provide excellent customer service. Your customer service can literally separate you from competitors, create memorable experiences parents and athletes, and give you the edge you need in the training industry, to keep clients coming back for more.
Paying attention to how your team provides customer service is a key ingredient to sustaining a long-term sports training business. It’s a reflection of your brand. When you offer stellar customer service, it speaks highly of your brand as a whole. Your processes should also be smooth for clients. Make an effort to shorten wait times and make sports registration and scheduling as smooth as possible for clients. The better experience your clients have, the more apt to they are to return and to tell others about your services.. sending free referrals your way!
#2 Offer Early Registration Specials
If feasible, consider offering an early registration special to encourage your leads and customers to jump on board. Even a slight 10% discount could persuade people to take action now than later…especially existing customers. Stick to a solid deadline and send reminders through your email and social media campaigns.
Remember, the key to successful marketing is testing your efforts to discover what resonates with your audience and what doesn’t. When using this tactic, be sure to gauge whether you did, in fact, generate more registrations during the early period versus your previous regular ones. If so, it may be worth implementing in the future to increase sales.
#3 Use Email Marketing Automation
Did you know email marketing is 40 times more effective at getting customers than Facebook, Twitter, and other social media? Your email marketing plays a vital role in moving leads closer to the buying decision. You also cultivate relationships with existing customers, fostering repeat business through email.
Convert leads into registrations by strengthening your sports marketing emails. Create a registration campaign where your content series focuses on driving sales. Share customer testimonials, useful content that exemplifies your sports training impact and the benefits of signing up. Be sure to end each email with a call to action (i.e. click on registration link) that tells your subscribers what to do next and takes them directly to your sports registration page.
#4 Have a Social Media Plan
Many brands fail to post with a methodical plan that actually drives results. You see, your social media content should align with your overall digital strategy, and support your ultimate business goals. Publishing sporadic posts yields fickle results. It’s important to establish a real plan that brings brand awareness, promotes engagement, and generates leads.
In your case, the aim is to boost sports registrations. Here are a few content ideas to include in your social media campaigns to get you closer to this goal:
- Share a video promoting your sports registration. Mention the benefits and feature clients who have seen results from your programs. Social videos increase your organic reach and capture attention on newsfeeds so leverage this tool to raise awareness.
- Post other types of sports customer testimonials and experiences to build trust and sway prospects in your favor.
- Highlight your results in a creative infographic. They’re liked and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content.
- Broadcast a live video on a social network to dramatically boost engagement. Apps like Facebook Live, Instagram Stories and Periscope are valuable assets that build brands fast on social media.
- In the midst of promotional content, continue sharing helpful content that provides value to your followers.
- Create a sense of urgency by sharing how many spots are available. Perform a countdown of “X amount of spots (or days) left before registration closes”. It shows that people are actively signing up and builds excitement. It’s an excellent strategy to get followers to take action quickly.
When sharing a link in your promotional content, be sure that it leads customers on a clear path to registration.
Applying these tips will help increase sports registration rates for your training business and drive revenue. Remember, test your efforts so you can continue modifying your strategy to drive the best results!